Example One:
Zoey is a level 19 girl who has beautiful hair and clothes. Amy is a newcomer, and superstar, to Stardoll, who really wants to be as pretty as Zoey. Zoey learned about this so she tells her that she will give her a makeover FOR FREE!! All she needed was Amy's password.Since Amy is new to Stardoll, she didn't know that there was no such thing as free makeovers, so she gave Zoey her password. Zoey then went into her account and changed her password and email. Therefore, Amy wouldn't be able to get into her new account. Luckily her parents were able to cancel her superstar membership.
Why was Amy a target?
Amy was a target because she was new and she was a superstar.
What should have Amy done?
Amy should have told Zoey no and reported and blocked her right away.
What can YOU do to prevent this?
Never ever EVER give out your passwords. If the promise in return sounds to good to be true, it most likely is!!
Example Two:
Oh my gosh!! Lilliana is giving out a secret employee code! If you put this as your password you get 1000 stardollars, free superstar membership, AND you get to be part of Stardoll staff! All you have to do, is tell Lilliana your current password. She'll then change it to the employee code and you'll be good to go!!
Sorry guys! I know this sounds like a dream come true, but its exactly that. Its a dream! There is no such thing as a free employee code that gives you stardollars and superstar membership. By giving Lilliana your password, she can then go into your account and change your information. She can trick a lot of people this way.
Example Three:
FREE STARDOLLARS!!! All I need is your password and I'll give you 100000 free stardollars!! HURRY!! Limited time only!!!
If anyone tells you this, know that this is a lie. If you want stardollars on stardoll you either need to earn them or buy them. Also, to prevent other people from falling for this, report this user right away!!
Example Four:
Hey everyone! I really love Stardoll, but I kinda want to change things up a bit. You too? Well that's great because I thought of a perfect solution!! We can trade accounts!! I know I know. You don't want to get in trouble. Well that's okay! No one has to know! We can do this in secret! Just tell me your password and I'll tell you mine!! Deal?! Yay!! I'm so excited! ~Kaylie
Jamie gives her password
Kaylie makes up a password and gives it to Jamie.
Now Kaylie has Jamie's information and can change it to whatever she wants.
A LOT of people fall for the whole trading/selling account thing. If you see anyone doing this (most people put it in their presentations) report them RIGHT AWAY! Not only will you be helping yourself by not falling for it, but you will also be preventing what happened to Jamie happening to anyone else.
So in other words...
No matter what, it is never ever okay to give out your password. Under any circumstances!! Keep your account safe, by keeping your password a secret!!
No comments:
Post a Comment